Today’s entry is not a very long or interesting one, but I wanted to give you some advice.
Do you ever have those days where you feel bad because you don’t feel like you’ve done anything? I do. All the time. Especially since having this huge project hanging over me, making me feel guilty every time I do something else. But if, like me, you have something so big like a master’s or doctoral thesis, or something else huge that’s constantly hanging over you, it’s important to take time to focus on yourself.
Today has been one of those days for me. I feel like I’ve not done much, but I’ve done some things.
- I drank coffee
- I made and ate breakfast with a 2nd cup of coffee
- I wrote and scheduled several blog posts
- I ate lunch
- I took the bus to town and I walked around playing Pokemon GO for a couple of hours
- I made tea
- I took a shower
- I ate dinner
- I colored my eyebrows
- I wore a moisturizing sheet mask for 20 minutes
- I talked to my mom on the phone for over an hour
- I told my mom about my mental issues and anxiety I’m experiencing, making it harder for me to work on my thesis than it should be
- I cut trimmed all of my roses and put them in fresh water
- I painted my nails
- And most of these things I did while watching a whole 9 (!) episodes of Grey’s Anatomy on my laptop
So my tip to you is, if you feel like you’ve had an unproductive day and you feel guilty about it, write down everything you’ve done. Sort of like a reversed check-list. Chances are, you feel like you’ve done nothing all day, but you’ve probably done more than you realize.
Until next time,